Friday, May 25, 2012

Recommended Reading


If you are like me, you tend to collect beautiful yarn, drum carded batts and roving sometimes just for the sheer pleasure of it. I might not have any particular project planned for it, I just knew I had to have it, to touch it and to look at it!

But after a bit, I tend to accumulate a bit of a stash and once it starts taking over my crafting space, there is only so long I can ignore it. So I turn to my small library of crochet and knitting pattern books I've accumulated over the last few years and looking through them to see if I can start a few things to thin out my stash.



This is a beautifully done book with chic and artistic crochet patterns. I love that the photos show not just models, but real women who look fantastic in the designs. There are a few jacket and coat patterns that are on my to-make list from this book.




This is the knitter's version of the above book (I think the author published this book before the crochet pattern book.) I can only knit scarves at this point, but I am in awe of the beautifully made clothes in this book. The designs are fresh and have beautiful details. Plus, there are over 40 designs in this book!







I'm just starting to dive into this book, and am excited with it's 1001 inspirations, 'life lists' and people to meet. I can't even begin to describe how fun this book is! Also, I think that even if knitting is not your forte and you crochet, you can still get alot out of this book!

Since I am a very visual person and patterns sometimes are hard for me to read, this book is one of my favorites because it shows stitch diagrams in addition to written instructions. These designs are very up to date and a little funky, which I love.








This book is filled with quick and cute knitting projects, many of which just take a single skein of yarn (which is always great for those random but beautiful bits and ends!)






I hope you have the opportunity to read some of these books; this is just the tip of the iceberg concerning great books for us yarn lovers out there. I suggest checking these books out from your local library if possible or maybe buying them used off of Amazon if you would like to add them to your own personal library.

No comments:

Post a Comment